Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No Matter What Others May Say...I Love You

When the big trade took place in Feburary the Guins lost two key players. But most fans only aknowledged the absense of team captain`s best friend Colby Armstrong. But someone else was also lost on the day, someone valuable, someone I love more than the ordinary hockey fan could ever imagine; Erik Christensen. Crush was a small guy; in respect to weight, but he knew how to throw his weight around earning him the nickname Crusher. Being the main shootout man he made a huge impact not only on the team but also on the fan base. However this seemed to be forgotten when he pulled a jersey of another color over his head. I miss Crush equally as much as I miss Colby & the song I wrote was also for him. Unlike with Colby I have not been lucky enough to be graced by Erik`s presence, but someday I hope to be able to say that I have. Erik will always be a Penguin in my heart & someday I hope that I will be able to call his name as he steps onto Mellon Arena ice; a Penguin once more.

No comments: