Monday, July 7, 2008

My Beloved Colby...How I Miss Thee

Colby Armstrong is the love of my life & I miss him more than the average hockey fan could ever imagine. When he was traded that solemn day in February I cried for only God knows how long & vowed never to forget him. It was deep into the Stanley Cup Playoffs when I read an article about the former Guin before heading off to school; reading this caused me to shed my emotions in the form of tears. Not knowing what else to do I took a pen & paper from my bag & wrote a song stating how I felt about my Army not being part of the Cup bound band of brothers. The very next day I was lucky enough to stumble upon my hockey hero & make some of the greatest memories of my short seventeen year life. It`s only been a month since I was stading inches from him, maybe even less; as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. But still it seems like forever ago that I was with him & even longer ago that he was part of the Great Pittsburgh Penguins. I have to admit though, if he hadn`t been traded that fateful day to Atlanta I would have never met him. Never gotten to sing for him the song my best friend wrote & would have never gotten the chance to be friends with him. I hope that someday we`ll be lucky enough to be able to call him a Penguin again as he skates out onto Mellon Arena ice in a black & gold jersey, one more time.

1 comment:

staalzielover11 said...

awww. that is so sweet. i miss colby so much too, i cried when i heard on the news that he was traded. you are so lucky that you got to meet him