Monday, July 7, 2008

The Big Time [A Jordan Staal One Shot]

Jamie was a Penguins fan who was supposed to be attending Robert Morris University. At least that was her plan to go to RMU and become a hockey announcer; she already had a back up job writing sports reviews for a local newspaper. However the summer before she started college she was asked to write a book about one of the Penguins. "So who am I writing about?" she asked.

"Jordan Staal."

"Okay." She said before hanging up. 'Staal's cool but I would rather write about Sid or Marc-Andre, they're so cute.' She thought.

***

"Hi Mr. Staal I`m Jamie Peters," She said shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you and please call me Jordan, we're going be spending the next year together." It was the first day of training camp for the 2007-2008 season, Jordan`s second year in the league. All the guys were out on the ice practicing and doing drills while Jamie sat on the bench with her notepad thinking of questions to ask Jordan about his hockey career and his family. 'So whats it like to play in the NHL? No that`s what everyone asks and I`m not everyone,' she thought to herself.

***

"So hows the book coming along?" Jamie's best friend Katie asked.

"Pretty good its fun being with the team all the time and I think I may be starting to like Jordan."

"Oh?"

"Well I mean I've liked him as a player since he was drafted but the longer he`s on the team and the more time I spend with him the cuter he gets."

"Aww someone has a crush-" Just then there was a knock on Jamie's hotel room door.

"I gotta go someones at the door," she hung up her phone. "One minute." She opened the door to see a tall man with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Hey Jordan I totally forgot we were meeting for an interview."

"Its cool, you ready?"

"Yeah, just let me get my notepad." She got up from the bed to walk over to the dresser to pick up her notebook. She looked up at Jordan`s reflection in the mirror, before walking over to him she tried to hide her smile. "So out of your brothers who do you think is the most aggressive?"

"Probably Eric, he`ll do anything to win-"

***

The season continued to go by with wins and the occasional loss. Times got hard first when Fleury went down in Calgary and even harder when Sid went down in a home game against Tampa. "So Jay how are all these injuries affecting not only the team but you in general?"

"Well they`re making it so guys are getting more ice time and it puts us all in a position where we have to work harder than we would if they were in the line-up. So for me I`m just trying to play my 'A' game to help the team through this."

***

Jamie was sitting on the bench working on her notes at practice one day, Jordan was standing along the far boards looking off in Jamie's direction. "Hey Gronk what ya doing?" Army asked bringing him back to Earth.

"Nothing," He said putting his mouth guard back into his mouth.

"Right that`s why you`re staring at the girl who's writing a book about you."

"I wasn`t staring," he said weakly.

"Someone has a crush," Colby said in a sing-song voice. "Tell her you like her."

"No man it could ruin everything. We`re pretty good friends and she`s writing a book about me. There`s no way a girl like that could like a guy like me."

"Hey man you never know until you try."

***

During games nothing else could get her attention, but when it wasn`t game time it took a lot to pry Jamie away from her notes and the rough draft of her book. "Hey Jamie hows the book coming?" Jordan asked sitting down next to her at his stall.

"Pretty good, what`s up with you?" she asked looking up from her notes. He didn`t give her a spoken answer, he ran his finger along her cheek so that she was facing him and he kissed her.

She kissed back then quickly pulled away, "Jordan what the hell?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Jamie I love you."

"I love you too Jordan," She said then her lips found their way to his.

Colby walked in to the locker room, "Hey Jor..." he stopped in his tracks. "I guess you told her," he said with a laugh then turned around to walk back to the runway. "Oh yeah he told me," Jamie said briefly pulling away from the kiss to laugh. "He told me."

3 comments:

I love Bill Kaulitz and Sidney Crosby said...

R one shots just one post? r does it make a story cause i get confused!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Just one post...that used to confuse me too.

Rebel Heart said...

Awww, no... more! lol